add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Water cooling or air cooling

J-Earl14
  • 38 months ago

Hello, I've been saving up for my first PC build and I'm wondering if I should do water cooling or air cooling? I'm deciding between the corsiar h100i and the "be quiet dark rock 3". I've been saving for a couple months and I don't want all of my hard work to go to waste because of pump leakage. What is the best air cooling kit I can buy? Or should I just go with liquid

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

There's virtually no issues with AIO water coolers leaking so you would be safe to use the H100i if its within budget, however you could go cheaper if not planning to oc a bunch and on the cheap end something like the cryorig h7 will save you a ton of money compared to an all in one liquid cooler and do just fine for no overclock or light overclocking on most chips. if you are focusing on overclocking maybe go for something a little nicer even like a kraken x62 if your case has room for it.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh there's always a chance ;)

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

well of course (Also see the first revision of Ek's Predator 240/360) but reported failures happen once or twice every few months from what I've seen with corsair's Aio water coolers. and keep in mind that thats across all their aio's and across all their sales territory.

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

never had an air cooler leak on my 600$ gpu ;)

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

My friends never had his custom loop leak on his dual Titan X's either lmao. I get your point though.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube