add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Good chance that my computer died. May possibly need a new PC

LostElement
  • 37 months ago

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xbZmQV This is the PC that possibly died.

Now, the PC boots up and all and the GPU spins up. But the PC doesn't recognize the monitor (Or any of the four monitors I plugged into it which I know work)

I still have more troubleshooting to do, but I am preparing for the possibility that my 5 year old computer has met its end.

But that's besides the point. The point is, I have a 300$ parts list here. I might be able to go 350$, and maybe, just maybe, 400$.

I already have the GPU (Assuming that it's not the culprit) and a 1 TB HDD.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor $59.99 @ SuperBiiz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $68.99 @ SuperBiiz
Memory Kingston FURY 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory $67.33 @ OutletPC
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive Purchased For $0.00
Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card Purchased For $0.00
Case Deepcool TESSERACT SW ATX Mid Tower Case $38.99 @ SuperBiiz
Power Supply SeaSonic S12G 550W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply $56.98 @ Newegg
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $307.28
Mail-in rebates -$15.00
Total $292.28
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-03-17 11:46 EDT-0400

This is a super cheap CPU. It's great for gaming, but I don't just do gaming. I also 3D model. Well, it'll do better than the A8-5500 I had.

Only 8gb of RAM. I wish I can squeeze in 16, but that won't happen.

I want a case that looks decent, is actually built decent, and has a side window. This is a great option, I think.

This is much better than the 300 watt PSU I had in my system, and allows future expansion if I so choose.

Edit: I prefer the PSU to be as efficient as possible. I want a gold rated PSU.

I'd really like your guys' help on this. I really want the best bang for my buck while making it look somewhat decent.

Thanks and cheers!

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Are you constantly using the same wire to connect it to the different monitors? Do you know that wire works?

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, as I tested it on my mother's computer and it worked just fine. The monitors and cables for those monitors are good. My PC is the problem, but I don't know what the problem currently is (yet)

When I get home, I am going to try to re-seat the GPU. If that doesn't work, take out the GPU and see if it runs on the APU (I've disabled the APU so I don't know if that'll work). If none of that works, then I am out of ideas.

[comment deleted]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

It would be really nice if it were just the GPU. But it's on, I hear and see it on. It'd be weird if it were the GPU.

But if it is, I'll just buy a GTX 1050 or an RX 470.

[comment deleted]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

How can I uninstall the drivers if the PC doesn't register my monitor? Or are you talking about after I take out the GPU and if it works?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube