add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

gigabit network capped at 100mbps.

dylan_l-s
  • 39 months ago

I have a pc (1gigabit port) with a shared drive In the network and I'm trying to access the drive from my MacBook Pro (also 1 gigabit port) but the connection speed (checked from the windows task manager) shows that the connection is capped at 100mbps. I've changed the speed duplex on both the mac and pc to full 1 gigabit duplex. It's exactly the same transfer speeds from the mac to pc on a wireless and wired network.

Comments

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Try a different cable, I was using Cat5e before and I was capped at 100mbps and I got a Shielded Cat6 and I can use the 1Gbps full duplex and shows 1Gbps speed

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

i also recommend making sure you have a Cat6 cable as ive had issues with some cat5e cables with this. also obviously make sure that any other network equipment/ports (i.e. Router/Switch) isn't capped at 100mbps as well as i had an issue where only one port on my network switch was 1Gb port and the rest were actually capped at 105mbps oddly enough.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube