add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

1080ti on i5-6600k?

Santoryu2510
  • 38 months ago

Good Day,

As the title says, is it okay to pair up 1080ti to my 6600k? i5 is for my last build and I'm not planning to change it yet so I need to know if it will work fine with 1080ti?

Thanks

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Simply: it should be fine.

What games will be played?

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Well just to make sure, most future games that will be released. I will play it on a pg279q

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Probably hit a wall at 1080p, but 1440p+ prolly not, by hit a wall I mean that's about all your CPU can keep up with, imma get flamed and quotes thrown at me for saying that. I mean at 1440p my fx 8320 pulled the same fps as my current i7 6700k at 1440p but at 1080p my fx 8320 was chokeing and that i5 will choke abit on a 1080 ti, not enough to matter imo but it will. just look at some 1080p benchmarks and you will see it. Or better yet try it out for yourself instead of these people spewing copy paste at you. :) I mean my i7 6700k will choke at 1440p some if you sli 2 Titan xps. I find that exciting that gpus have come that far! There's a reason kingpin used a 6950x to set that time spy record with that 1080 ti on ln2 and not a i7 7700k or i5 ;)

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Not due to performance though. 3D mark benchmark weigh in the physics scores which is where a 10 core will hammer a 7700k and the GPU score is mostly measured separately. Its why most of the top 3D mark scores are filled with 10 cores / 8 cores aside from Firestrike ultra which places less weight on the CPU score.

• 38 months ago
  • 0 points

Bottlenecking all depends on the game and graphical settings and any CPU can bottleneck any GPU under the right circumstances. Bottlenecking is not a absolute thing or a yes or no thing like it is made out to be. Also it is 100% meaningless to even think about provided you chose your parts right and get what you want.

You should chose the CPU for the FPS you want and the GPU(s) for the graphical performance you want. If you are happy with what you get and meet your goals when why worry about something that is not effecting you?

http://pcpartpicker.com/forums/topic/214851-on-cpugpu-bottlenecking-in-games

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube