add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Skylake Kabylake iGPU (510-610 vs 530-630) cannot decide need help

gugu96

28 months ago

I want to buy a cpu for an office desktop. Light use, spreadsheets, facebook, youtube, etc. All the regular stuff, no gaming planned on this one.

Celeron would work, but they have HD610 or HD510. Basic Pentium's have HD510/HD610 and higher end Pentium's have HD630, and of course now they have hyper threading too.

I want to keep the budget as low as possible, i3 is out of the question. Celeron or Pentium, 6th or 7th gen.

Can't decide between HD510 or HD530 or HD610 or HD630.

HD510/HD610 have 12 compute units HD530/HD630 have 24 compute units

Obviously, HD530/HD630 has better graphics performance. But that comes at a price!! Is it worth it to pay for better igpu?? In the long run I doubt I'll add a discrete gpu in that computer, it'll be running on integrated graphics forever.

note: mobo is an H110 and I will update bios to the latest version to make sure I can run the 7th gen, should I get a 7th gen cpu.

Comments

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

Really there will be zero difference for what you are doing since you really do not any graphical performance besides the ability to out put to a monitor.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube