add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Tips if I upgrade this PC build

Major058
  • 37 months ago

Current Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/y3XBD8

Hello I have been playing games with this build for about a year now and I love it, but some games I would like more FPS in, games like H1Z1 KOTK and Witcher 3 and other games in that area, what I want to do is buy another GTX 970 and do a SLI, if I do that what other parts am I going to have to change or upgrade?

Thank you!

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

Your motherboard does not support SLI so you would need a new one, everything else is fine though.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks i almost missed that

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I Personally wouldn't recommend SLI only because alot of games don't have good support for SLI configurations, so you'll either see worse performance or have to go through workaround to get it to work properly with an SLI set up.

H1Z1 SLI Issues (Don't personally have experience with it but a google search turned up countless posts about issues) https://www.reddit.com/r/h1z1/comments/3f5102/windows_10_sli_with_h1z1_is_a_clusterfck/

Witcher 3 seems to have decent SLI Support from what i've been reading albeit requiring a little tweaking to get setup.

All in all if you decide you want to go through with this then you shouldn't need anything else except an SLI Bridge as 2 970's should only put your wattage up to around 560 so your 650W power Supply should be sufficient, depending on quality of the psu may consider upgrading though.

I Still think you'd be better off putting your cash towards a single stronger video card rather than 2 older cards but that's just me.

Edit: you'd need a new motherboard as well as that one doesn't support SLI Afaik.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube