add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Some questions about VR, and what the best GPU is going to be.

romanvalkre
  • 41 months ago

Hello All:

Well its official, my Wife wants a Vive. I have a I7 4770K, and GTX 970 I can throw at the project, or should I just submit to buying a new GPU? If a new GPU is the best solution then what one 1070, 1060, or 480?

Also would I see any benefit to SLI'ing the 970?

Smoothness is going to be key, she gets motion sick, and don't recommend a 1080 or titan, I can't afford them:(

Would Ram Speed or quantity matter?

Comments

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

To put it simply, yes. There is a link to a build with a 4790K and a 970, and if you go about the site you'll find that he is able to do VR perfectly fine.

The 970 is good enough, definitely.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok, so the rumors I heard about a 970 not being smooth were overstated at best. Good that makes building a VR box in the living room much easier. Just have to convince my Wife to give up her I7 and 970...

Thank you

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

rumors I heard about a 970 not being smooth

They may of been pairing that 970 with a weak CPU and playing CPU intensive games.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube