add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Limits
  • 39 months ago

Hi everyone,

I am planning to get a UPS because I am afraid of power outages that damages my PC. I only need it to buy enough time to save any work and shut down the computer the right way. Therefore, I plan to only connect the PC listed below as well as one monitor to the battery side of the UPS. Maybe if possible, my Asus G73JH laptop in case I do use it since its battery broke but this is optional.

My spec are as follows:

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/F3RgPs

I am currently using a 24" 1920 X 1200 resolution monitor from my old PC.

Do you think this UPS will work for my PC?

Cyberpower LE1000DG 1000VA

I am asking because I heard sometimes if everything looks like it will work, it actually doesn't. Such as UPS not compatable with PSU etc. If you have better recommendations, please feel free to input.

Comments

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

You'll only need a UPS that will allow you enough time to properly shut down your PC. https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/WkTrxr/cyberpower-ups-cp1350avrlcd This one will provide roughly 3-9 minutes of power, which is more than enough time to allow your to properly shut down your PC.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Hi

Thanks for the reply and thank you for the recommendation. I took a look at that UPS but its a little expensive for now. Maybe my next UPS after this one I can consider that, but for now I want to save up where possible. Can this UPS not do the trick?

Cyberpower LE1000DG 1000VA

I currently found a good deal on it.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, it should have enough power for you to make a safe shutdown of your PC.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the confirmation.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube