add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Blower Style Cooler vs Open Air Cooled Gpu for a mini-itx build with poor airflow.

kazini
  • 41 months ago

building a pc for my brother and he chose the Silverstone ML08B-H Case which is great except ive read that the gpu tends to thermal throttle due to the poor airflow of the case, this can be partially solved by modding the case and adding some 80mm Fans to the top, however i want to know if you guys would recommend a blower style cooled gpu or an open air cooler for this situation.

Edit: Link to the Case in case someone wanted it https://pcpartpicker.com/product/6htWGX/silverstone-case-sstml08bh

Comments

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Blower style coolers will vent the air directly out the back of the case instead of relying on extra fans for exaust. You will probrably see better temps with one for this reason

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

i see, im wondering if i can avoid modding the case by going with a blower style cooler, but i've seen 3 80mm exhaust fans added which made the difference between the two negligible at best. Thanks for the input!

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

I would definitely recommend a blower style GPU with such a small case. You don't want all that hot air recirculating through the case onto your other components.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

i figured as much, do you think adding the 3 80mm exhaust fans would actually be better temp wise if i went with an open air one?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube