add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Performance is tanking, please help!!

GamingX10
  • 42 months ago

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/nJ2JgL I just finished building this a few weeks ago, and the first thing I did was turn on minecraft and see home many frames I could get. The highest number was about 1300 FPS, and it probably averaged around 1250. About a week later, I boot it up again, and I realize that I am only getting 500 FPS. After a couple more day, the FPS seemed to only go down. In the beginning I could push to 1300, but now i'm lucky to get only 500. I am making this because I want to make sure that there is nothing I am doing that is damaging my computer. I shut it off every-night and I don't use it till 4:P.M. every day. What could be hurting my performance? all the setting and overclocking were the same, so what's the deal? and is there anything I should be doing to keep it running better longer?

Comments

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

you have the latest video card drivers? did you update the game?

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

I would test your card with a game that pushes it to its limits, or run benchs on it and see how it compares to other similar cards.

Try THIS and compare with other GTX 1070's, this will tell you if you are below average or hitting about the right performance point.

EDIT: HERE are the average bench results for comparison. You can also compare you CPU etc with others to see if anything is out of the norm with low performance.

• 41 months ago
  • 2 points

Thank you, I will try this,

• 41 months ago
  • 2 points

No worries, best of luck friend.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Keep in mind that Minecraft uses more CPU than you'd think it would. Take a look a what other programs are running, what other background services are running, etc.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

theres nothing running in the taskbar or task manager, is there anywhere else that might run and not show up?

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd check your running services. See if there is anything running that you don't need or shouldn't be running all the time.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Time for me to try and remember all of the troubleshooting steps I did when I used to run a Minecraft server.

If you haven't noticed this on any other games, it might just be Minecraft itself. Minecraft loves to slowly degrade in performance as time goes on as more logs and files are created for it to track. I would check and make sure that the JVM arguments are set correctly in the launcher profile. The game might not be allowing all of the RAM and VRAM to be utilized. If this doesn't work, reinstall Java and make sure you install the 64-bit version. Also, if you really care about those sub-500 framrates, I'm pretty sure Optifine will put those frames right back up.

If you are noticing it in other games, and the test u/Iceman320 suggested comes up strange, then that is entirely different.

-

However, the most likely probability by far is that the 1070 isn't even stressed enough to boost its clock up to its normal speed during Minecraft gameplay. Try another game to see if it has the same problem.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube