add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Graphics card won't fit in square

Bridger22

38 months ago

Hi,

I'm just putting together my first build and I'm having trouble putting the graphics card into the motherboard whilst it's in the case (I had no problems putting the graphics card in whilst it wasn't in the case.

Click here for my parts list.

It's quite hard to describe for me, but the shorter of the 2 pins that you're meant to push into the video card slot on the motherboard won't go in all the way and the best I can do is to put it in at an angle whereby the longer pin is in further than the shorter pin, if you get what I mean.

As I said it's very hard for me to describe, if you have any questions please ask!

I've tried applying a little more pressure than I would like, but it won't go in square.

Thanks for any help or advice, I'll take anything at this point!

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

There might be a PCIe bracket misalignment. It happens in less expensive cases sometimes. If it fits not problem while the motherboard is outside of the case I'd recommend removing the motherboard, put the case on it's side, install the GPU into the motherboard and install the motherboard and GPU at once into the case and see if you can get it to line up that way.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you! This worked!

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Edit:

Is there anything in the case that's preventing the card from going in? or like Aludka said, there may be a misalignment.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube