add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
KegiMasters

37 months ago

Sorry about the title. Didn't realize I didn't finish it before posting.

I'm a newcomer with some litters of experience and knowledge of where to buy things from the internet. I've been learning the past few weeks (2 to be exact). Below are the parts I had chosen or picked to be in this gaming PC build, I had to go with a black and white scheme because it was my personal favorite. The build here will be used for; gaming on high/maximum settings, video editing as well as 3D animation, streaming, and youtubing as well. I chose the i5 without its vitamin K because I do not have the need to overclock.

I also want to know if there are any cheap alternatives (Just don't replace the case!) because I'm on a really strict budget (Below $1500 But I'm trying to get under $1300), and if I could dual boot with Linux or down the storage capacity. I also wanted to know if I could use an 80+ Bronze PSU instead of gold, I'm also confused with the case and the PSU Compatibility whether if its ATX or SFX, but if there are any opinions or comments or anything I should be concerned about, I am always happy to hear about it :)

Specifications

• CPU: Intel Core i5-6600 Quad Core Processor - I chose the locked variant because I won't be over clocking for now.
  • CPU Cooler: CRYORIG C7 - A good and powerful performing, it matches the color scheme I am going to use.
  • Thermal Compound: Antec Formula 7 Nano-Daimond - My Dad says this thing is really better than Arctic MX5, he tried it and it works.
  • MOBO: MSI B150M Bazooka MicroATX - Military Class 4 Material and a black and white scheme as well as being backlit with white LED.
  • RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB DDR4-3200 (2X16GB) - RAM is RAM, now cut the dRAMa. (Or is it?)
  • SSD: Kingston HyperX Fury 240GB 2.5" SSD - One Fast SSD, but the size is slightly small.
  • HDD: Hitachi Ultrastar 7200RPM 3.5" 2TB - Now this one I HAD to get! It was a good deal!
  • GPU: MSI AERO GeForce GTX 1070 8GB - One cheap 1070, matches the color scheme!
  • CASE: Lian-Li PC-O6SX HTPC - One inflated case, good aesthetics and side window and cooling for the price.
  • PSU: Rosewill Capstone 550W 80+ Gold Certified ATX PSU - Not sure if its compatible or is it just pcpartpickers filter not working right.
  • Optical Drive: Samsung SN-208FB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer - Not sure about it.
  • Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64 Bit - My favorite OS.

Gaming Build Here

So tell me, what do you think?

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

$1465.18 build, with a 309.99 case ?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor $191.91 @ Jet
CPU Cooler CRYORIG M9i 48.4 CFM CPU Cooler $19.99 @ Newegg Marketplace
Motherboard MSI B150M Pro-VD Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $57.99 @ SuperBiiz
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws 4 series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory $74.99 @ Newegg
Storage PNY CS1311 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $64.99 @ Jet
Storage Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $72.88 @ OutletPC
Video Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB G1 Gaming Video Card $410.04 @ Amazon
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Acrylic ATX Mid Tower Case $89.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply SeaSonic 520W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $62.99 @ SuperBiiz
Optical Drive Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer $18.88 @ OutletPC
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $88.58 @ OutletPC
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $1163.23
Mail-in rebates -$10.00
Total $1153.23
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-12-09 05:09 EST-0500
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I was more into a Micro ATX HTPC portable LAN Build so I could LAN party with friends over the holidays. I chose the case for it's good qualities and features as an HTPC, as well as Aesthetics. But yours is a nice build :) I'm stuck with the case because my dad usually works as an IT Technician and needs a powerhouse that's portable. But I'll see what I can do to make the build cheaper.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

The Case is your biggest problem, it's not small and portable at all, it'll be big and heavy as f***.

If you want a case with a window that is portable, this one is more up your alley, it has handles as well. It needs a smaller motherboard but this one also has Wifi built in, which could be very useful for a portable build. I dropped the HDD so you can just get a big as possible SSD, I don't know how much storage space you'll actually need, but many people don't really need a full terrabyte of storage, and 750gbs of fast SSD space should be plenty. The case in the list is black, but they also make a white one: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/vYJkcf/bitfenix-case-bfcprm300wwwkwrp

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6600 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor $214.99 @ B&H
CPU Cooler CRYORIG C7 40.5 CFM CPU Cooler $29.88 @ OutletPC
Thermal Compound Antec Formula 7 Nano Diamond 4g Thermal Paste $11.88 @ OutletPC
Motherboard MSI H170I Pro AC Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard $118.99 @ SuperBiiz
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $102.99 @ Newegg
Storage Crucial MX300 750GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $169.89 @ OutletPC
Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card $397.33 @ B&H
Case BitFenix Prodigy M Midnight Black MicroATX Mini Tower Case $80.32 @ B&H
Power Supply SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $52.89 @ B&H
Optical Drive Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer $18.88 @ OutletPC
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $90.72 @ B&H
Total $1288.76
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-12-09 11:24 EST-0500
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Building your own computer is easy. Building it takes 2-3 hours, and installing windows takes about 30mins to 45mins, and after that downloading and installing drivers takes another 30-45 mins. After all that, have it download windows updates at night, it may take a 2-4 passes to get them all.

Building a PC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIF43-0mDk4 Installing Windows: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zAdwedmj1M

Protip for installing drivers safely, install them one at a time and restart the computer after each install to avoid breaking the OS, which can happen if you try to install them all at once.

Here's a build guide specifically for the case as well, mini-itx cases are a little more tricky: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKIsrwS3fX4

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I need like a lot of storage space. Mostly because my Dad is also gonna use this thing (He is an IT guy) and he needs to use as much storage space for his work. And plus SSD's are not really required but are sometimes needed in my opinion.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Mate, you're going to have the ditch the case. It's waaaaaay overpriced and it's not even that great. I would also ditch the CPU cooler as you're not going for an unlocked processor. Switch your PSU the the EVGA G2 superNOVA, as that's the best PSU money can buy.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

That is an extremely expensive case for no real benefit. I'd ditch that, and put the money saved towards a few different things.

I swapped most of the build around, and managed to net - a better CPU especially if you plan on doing editing - swapped the RAM as the 3200mhz you had originally picked will downclock itself to 2133. Not point overspending - better budget SSD - better GPU (stays cooler) - better quality PSU (easily one of the best ones that people will recommend) - Far more affordable (and better looking IMO) case

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor $303.99 @ SuperBiiz
CPU Cooler CRYORIG H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler $34.88 @ OutletPC
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H170N-WIFI Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard $112.99 @ SuperBiiz
Memory Mushkin Blackline 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory $82.99 @ Newegg
Storage Crucial MX300 275GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $77.09 @ B&H
Storage Hitachi Deskstar 7K2000 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $58.82 @ Amazon
Video Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Windforce OC Video Card $389.99 @ SuperBiiz
Case Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX Mini ITX Tower Case $68.94 @ Jet
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $78.89 @ OutletPC
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $88.58 @ OutletPC
Case Fan Rosewill Hyperborea 89.5 CFM 140mm Fan $13.19 @ OutletPC
Total (before mail-in rebates) $1340.35
Mail-in rebates -$30.00
Total $1310.35
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-12-09 12:28 EST-0500

Regarding the disc drive, if you do need one, just go buy an external unit. They're like 20 bucks for a good one, and it does the same thing

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube