add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Repost 1700 pound setup

chubble123123
  • 39 months ago

I have posted previously about reccommendations and it has been successful, so going to try again since I keep changing.

Basically this is what I want. It is a pc build (not really for gaming, except cs:go occasionally, but for everyday use and looking good.) Also I would hook up the xbox one, that I have just got, to the other monitor for gaming.

I have bought the headset, Xbox one and games, air 240 case, 6600k and the desk which is 2m long from ikea. Also I already have a cheap cpu cooler that I may use if I run out of money to fund it and a 320 gb hdd with windows XP. Yeah!

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/MzQkWX

Comments

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

You kinda went overboard on the CPU if this is meant for only day to day tasks with the occasional CS:GO. Actually you went overboard on pretty much everything except the GPU, even with an unlocked CPU and a OC capable motherboard youve spent way too much for something that Im assuming is meant for regular email, web, whatever else people do with PCs besides that and gaming/netflix.

What exactly do you want out of this PC? What are some actual tasks you plan on it performing?

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

More of something that can be used for anything. I spend a lot of my life at a computer, so I just want everything to be super quick. Also the cpu was more of an impulse buy, I got it got 185 pounds, the same price as a i5 6500, so I might as well have got it. As for the water-cooler, it looks awesome.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

A water cooler "looking awesome" isnt a good reason to purchase a PC part, especially one that needs to have performance at the top of its list of pros.

If you want this PC to be able to do anytthing then stick with your current build process, middle of the road components with the option to upgrade and or overclock will do you well.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Still.. I will be on the look out for air coolers that I like.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Trust me it is :). J.k. I will look around until that day, I do have a cheap air cooler at home from a office computer that I may used and have very little overclock. Will wait and see.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

You're not getting good value by getting four 4 gig sticks. The difference between quad channel and dual channel are negligible. You're better off getting two 8 gig sticks. I would also recommend getting a 1tb HDD. 250gb will not last you long at all, and you don't want to fully fill your SSD, as that will affect its read/write performance by quite a bit. The GTX 950 isn't the greatest card around. The cheap 1050 ti is overall better. If you can fit in a RX 470, that would be even better. As far as CPU coolers go, I would recommend the Scythe FUMA. It's cheaper, and it contends even with some water coolers. Plus, you don't run the risk of leaks with it.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok, I will change that definately, I just put that since it was cheap 16 gb. I am pretty sure that water cooler is not avaliable in the uk. Also I would want to possibly do sli later on so a 1050 ti would not be good. Also for amd cards, you need one connection through displayport to have multi monitors

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

You honestly don't need to SLI. It's mostly unstable and buggy, and an SLI 950 (If you even can) won't be worth it. But if you still want to SLI, then get a GTX 1070. You could get a GTX 1060 for now, they're cheap and support multiple monitors, but they don't support multiple monitors. The Scythe FUMA is an air cooler, and should be available in the UK.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok, I will look around for gpu. For less than 150 what would you reccommend (including second hand.) Also I think that for 40 pounds I would rather get the h100i v2 since it is just so nice.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

I feel like a big air cooler can look very intrusive.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

It's smaller than most high-end air coolers, actually.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Just a heads up if SLI is something you would like to do the GTX 1050 and GTX 1050 Ti do not support SLI.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

yep, hence the gtx 950, considering no sli now. :)

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

in fact I cannot anyway

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh, and another thing: The board you selected doesn't support SLI; only Crossfire

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh ****, well, looks like I am changing that around

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

What would you recommend, can you send some links or a list please. I forgot about that.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

A microATX mobo doesn't generally support SLI. You're going to have to get a ATX case and an ATX motherboard. Here's a cheap ATX motherboard that supports SLI : https://pcpartpicker.com/product/8q38TW/gigabyte-motherboard-gaz170xpsli

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Already got an arc case. May just go for crossfire

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Thinking of corsair led ram

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Instead of a hdd, I think I would go for a sshd, but I would do that later on.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

SSHD only really serves you better if you are reading and writing lots of data to and from the drive on a regular basis, similar to a NAS drive constantly in use. If you want a drive just for everyday use and want it to be fast, just go for an SSD or a 7200RPM HDD.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok, HDD added

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Having all 4 DIMMs populated doesnt make it quad channel, its still dual channel just with 4 DIMMs instead of 2.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

?

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

The motherboard type and its memory controller is what determines if the RAM installed is capable of operating in quad, triple or dual channel modes, not the number of modules installed.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok, how does that work, but confused

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

I mean I pretty much just explained it to you, the motherboard itself along with the memory controller built into the board is what determines whether or not RAM can operate in dual, triple or quad channel. The RAM itself also has to be spec'd to run in those configurations. For instance most commercial grade motherboards that have the RAM slots to the right of the CPU socket have 2 - 4 slots for RAM, these traditionally only allow RAM to operate in dual channel mode, older 1366 enthusiast grade boards sometimes had 6 slots and allowed RAM ot operate in triple channel mode, and the current enthusiast grade of motherboards, the 2011/2011-V3 boards have 2-4 RAM slots on each side of the CPU socket, these almost always allow RAM to operate in quad channel mode.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Honestly for what I am assuming you want to do you are spending a lot of extra money. If you just want a snappy PC for web browsing, watching Youtube, Office functionality. I would have saved some money and purchased an i3-6100 for a CPU. IF you are not going to overclock that chip there is nothing wrong with an inexpensive air cooler like the cryorig m9i roughly $19.99 in the US. Unless you are running some RAM heavy office or content creation I would just get 1 x 8gb stick or 2 x 4gb sticks of RAM and CS:GO is not a graphics intense game I get over 100 FPS with my GTX 750 Ti at 1080P.

• 39 months ago
  • 0 points

Well, it is only 20 pounds extra for 16gb, which will occasionally come in use and it has LEDs. Also yes, I want to spend a lot of extra money on stuff that will make little difference but will look cool, hence the fans, ram, monitors, cpu, cpu cooler and headset (astro a40). Talking about the gpu, I would only spend a small budget on that, just to get dual monitors, can you send me links to some that you would reccomend (can be second hand)

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

So you're going to basically rice out your computer? Add a ton of flash and dazzle to a PC that isnt really all that great?

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Well it will be great and will be useful. Just over the top because it sort of has to be, barring a few things but I might as well go the full way. Also it gives me the option to get into youtube again or do more intense gaming later on.

• 39 months ago
  • 0 points

GTX950 won't play much games for you

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

does not need to

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube