add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Santoryu2510
  • 48 months ago

Hi Guys do you think I should go with MSI Z170a Gaming 5 or MSI Z170a Gaming Pro CARBON RGB? Any thoughts?

Comments

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

The MSI Gaming M5 (and its G45-Gaming new iteration) probably will OC a bit better but it should be pretty small and the Pro Carbon has an appealing all black PCB with a bit of RGB lighting.

Pick the one you like the most.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, I'm going on a Red black build and do a minimal OC on the CPU, so should I get the carbon?

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

if you want yes.

For red and black, the MSI Tomahawk has a similar color scheme but also includes wifi & bluetooth chips if this is something that could interest you.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the recommendation . I THink ill stick with carbon. If possible can u aslo assist me with my other topic.

https://pcpartpicker.com/forums/topic/166120-noctis-450-fan-config

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Well I own a Phantom 530 which is roughly the same as the noctis but no PSU shroud and I use my front 200mm fan and my top H100iGTX as intakes and use the back as an exhaust and also placed 2 120mm fans at the bottom to serve as exhausts.

The last 2 were recently added and it helped drop a few degrees in temps around the bottom of the case for my PSU and GPU.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

I see, so in my case, 3 front intake, h110i 2 fan (TOP) intake also and just 1 rear exhaust

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube