add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Amazon sent i7-4790K instead of the i5-6500 I ordered

Kumiko

37 months ago

Sorry, this probably doesn't below in this subforum, but I wanna know if I should open to check or if I should just call about it and send it back. Only the sticker on it says i5-6500. The box itself and the see-through plastic over the CPU say i7-4790K.

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 3 points

To whoever downvoted me for not wanting to sell an i7 I didn't pay for, you're a scumbag. and so are the rest of you who think it's okay to do that.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Due to honesty or because you think I'm complaining about votes? and lol thanks~

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

Idc about the points though. It's the fact others disagreed and think it's okay to keep and sell what they didn't pay for. Thanks though~

• 37 months ago
  • 3 points

Just call customer support, they should be able to help. Stay safe and look up their protocol for a wrong product. As long as you explain your situation, they shouldn't have an issue.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks~

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

No problem, just reply when it gets resolved

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

This will surely hit hard on your conscience.. I would call and inform them what happend but try to find a way to keep that beastly cpu at the same time;)

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

lol nah.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Its a safe move actually;)

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

nein.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

You can always send it to me

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

No one is getting it.

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

I'd just send it back if you don't want it. I worry about grey market items on Amazon though I always figured CPU's were a safe bet. Maybe not...

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Grey market items?

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

Good on you for your honesty. Karma has been acquired and will be reaped. You should come out ahead for it.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

hah thanks, but I don't expect any good/positive karma from this.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you already have the motherboard and ram?

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I have the motherboard, no RAM yet. Bank is giving me problems with spending limit so I'm not sure what's ordered, what I have in my bank ect. I just know what I have now and that I need to call to see my transaction history.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I'll admit, I'd personally return the motherboard...

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

okay

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Well if you don't want to keep it, if you don't already have a motherboard and drr4 ram I don't see why you wouldn't since you get a AMAZING deal for it, I would just contact amazon.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I have the motherboard, but not RAM yet. RAM is on it's way. I'm gonna call soon

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Id take the i7-4790k for the price of the i5-6500, and just get a board for it, sometimes Amazon messes up and there's nothing wrong with that.

Hey, you never know, they might just say keep it and send you an i5-6500 as a "Sorry, we messed up" gift.

[comment deleted]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

It's very rare I have good luck, but yes. I don't want the i7 though :P I know it's better, but I didn't pay for it and I just want the i5-6500. And even though Intel makes a lot of money, I'm very firm with my beliefs and it feels wrong. (Feels wrong to sell the i7 because someone messed up the order)

[comment deleted]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

haha sorry, no. If I gave it to you, then I can't return it for my i5.

[comment deleted]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I wish xD Pretty dumb if I call and say "I got the wrong CPU, send me the i5 as well." They say: "okay" Huge nope.

• 37 months ago
  • 3 points

no, that's dishonest and I just want my i5-6500.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Only a sticker shows it's an i5-6500. The box itself and the CPU chip say i7-4790K.

[comment deleted]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

cool :) thanks

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

I know the i7's quite a bit better, I just don't want it. and I know they make a lot of money, but I didn't pay for the i7 and I don't want it. :\ I know a lot of people would say it's dumb, but I'm very firm with my beliefs and it feels wrong.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube