add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Suggestions for a walkthrough for putting together a system?

Kumiko

38 months ago

As detailed as possible please. I am nearing the required funds for my system and need a good video to show me how to do it all. First time of course :P

Thanks everyone! :)

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 3 points

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_56kyib-Ls

Basically install the cpu, it should have a triangle that matches one on the motherboard or something similar, don't apply force to it install it. Push down the lever.

For the ram you just push it until it clicks. For the cpu cooler that is going to vary cooler to cooler and if its a AIO you will want to want until after you install the board. You will want to do what I said above before installed the board and put the I/O shield on.

For install the motherboard its basically is just lining up holes and putting screws in, same for the psu. I would hook the fans and the sata cables up before installing the gpu.

For the gpu you will want to pull or push the tab on the PCI slot away and push it until you hear a click and then put the screws in. For the storage devices that is going to vary case to case* about how you exactly install them in the case.

For the cable management you will want to basically get much cables out of the front as possible. For fans that is pretty simple about how to screw them in but for what direction the front of the fan will intake out and push it out the back. I think I covered everything here.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks a lot :D

• 38 months ago
  • 3 points

Probably the best video as it is very detailed is the ones from Carey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJH2gUiRdJ0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SpXdXdrrBk

Yes they are long but very detailed. If this is your first time it will really help.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks! :)

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

You're welcome! :)

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Carey makes best PC build vids!

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Agree! BUt you can only watch them once.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

youtube techsource $350 gaming pc build BUDTRON-how to build +overclock p.s my youtube isn;t working cant give link :(

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks~ :)

Hope your youtube account is good soon

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, yes it is. I just don't wanna mess up when I'm spending $1K USD

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube