add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Games That You Miss

kazini
  • 49 months ago

So I want to know, are there any games, like MMO's for example that died out or stopped getting support that you really miss? For me the original Bots MMO Was amazing and anyone who's played it knows exactly what I'm talking about. I Just want to hear other peoples opinions on games that hey used to play that they can't anymore or even ones that are still around.

On a side note i'm upset about EQ Next was excited about that :-/

Comments

• 48 months ago
  • 3 points

Age of Mythology when there was a huge online community.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Age of Mythology was online?!

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah man that was the best part.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

I... I didn't know!? Was there community maps and servers and such?

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

All Ensemble servers. TONS of community maps like cat and mouse, RPG stuff, mythodea, blootsport, etc. I had probably 400 hours in the game. It is still online i the Steam re-release, but not many people play it anymore.

• 48 months ago
  • 3 points

Old Runescape

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Jagex has the old school 2007 version now that tons of people are playing, including myself.

• 48 months ago
  • 2 points

Star Wars Galaxies pre-revamp was probably the best MMO out there.

There was also Tabula Rasa which I liked but died out of lack of players.

They also tried several times to bring out an Ultima MMO but they all died before release too.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Most MMOs try to be these theme parks. Everything feels artificial, scripted, and boring.

SWG was the wild west. It was unforgiving, and rough around the edges. But you really felt like you were in a world (a glitchy world lol).

It's like a vacation to Europe vs a vacation to "Europe" at Epcot's world showcase, lol.

• 48 months ago
  • 2 points

It felt nice to grind some xp and crystals and building things with the materials you extracted with machines.

There were so many pieces of the economy but it still all worked out well.

I was actual the first and only person to craft clothing with combat mod on my server. I was swimming in cash it was crazy.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

A friend and I made a business out of selling swoop bikes... Including blown up swoop bikes. You could still trade the item, and there was no indication of its health until you deployed it. By then the credits had already changed hands. Oh those were the days... we got up to some sketchy misadventures in that game lol.

• 48 months ago
  • 2 points

I know this sounds pretty dumb, that I miss a game so odd, but one of my favorite games and one I had a crazy amount of fun with was Medal of Honor : Infiltrator for the gameboy advanced. I just remember playing it for hours on end and loving the heck outta it. Medal of Honor sorta took a nosedive and ended up where it is now, but nevertheless, I think that Infiltrator was a great game.

• 48 months ago
  • 2 points

I miss playing Ragnarok Online. Had a lot of great memories playing together with guild mates, hunting for equipment, and joining in guild battles in War of Emperium.

Supposedly the spiritual successor is Tree of Savior, but alas, I'm much older now and don't think I have the time to dedicate to playing an MMO anymore.

• 48 months ago
  • 2 points

Crash Team Racing
WOW: Wrath of the Lich King
Warcraft 3 TFT
Diablo 2
Spyro the Dragon
Sonic the Hedgehog (Megadrive games only)

• 47 months ago
  • 2 points

Anything under the Wifi Connectivity with DSi / Wii

I miss that way too much ;-;

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Star Wars Galaxies is a real love/hate relationship for me. The implementation was atrocious but the ideals behind the game design were amazing. Regardless, I had some of my fondest gaming memories with it. Then they butchered it, and then they cancelled it.

You can still play Galaxies, in a surprisingly good form, via the amazing work of the SWG EMU team. I still have the jewel case and CDs it came on. Sadly, it's hard for me to find time these days for such a game.

I was waiting for SWTOR to follow it up since the earliest rumors of its development began, around 2006, long before any official confirmation. Over half a decade later, I was extremely disappointed in the WoW-clone they produced.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah, I haven't played galaxies ever tbh, heard good things, actually read about that resurrection of it in a magazine article a while back.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

If you are interested in game design, as in theory as well as the functional mechanics, look into the many musings and stories Raph Koster has provided over the years since SWG (he was the creative designer on the game). They're very interesting, and you get a window into how the process of developing and delivering a product can warp a game between design and implementation.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

will do, I kind of lost my interest in game design after I started going to school for it. decided I wasn't as interested in it as I had previously thought. might take a look though.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

I went to school for it as well =)

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Hey Kazini, what you said about EQ Next. If you have never heard of Project 1999 you should check it out. It is Everquest as it was released in 1999 and it's free as long as you can get your hands on a copy of the EQ titanium set from somewhere. They vowed not to progress the server past Scars of Velious expansion. I played EQ back in it's glory days and it really is the old days revived and did I mention it's FREE?!?! Heck of a lot of fun it you can find a titanium set to borrow from someone or buy.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

used to do this, you used to be able to torrent the titanium set. one of my friends got me into project 1999 a few years back and i played for a while. i was just excited for there to finally be an actual sequel

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

THIS - for the N64

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

YES! Just bought an n64 and a bunch of games too actually lol

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Well surprisingly lately I have really been wanting to play This

Had so much fun on this game haha

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Club Penguin

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Lmao Said Noone ever xD
Also Roblox xD

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Warhammer Online, easily first. I also miss WoW 2004-2007.

PS WAAAAAGH!

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

no one has mentioned Dark age of camelot? tha was the best. and for not mmo games i really wanted a sequel to Psi-ops

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Never Played DAOC, my wife and Mother-in-Law rant about it all the time though.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Keep in mind that a new DAOC is coming later this year!

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

i had no idea this was a thing. you are a savior!

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

City of Heroes

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Legacy of kain series. Ive played all 3 of the soul reaver games and loved them(although i havent beaten 2 or defiance...) the series was supposed to end after defiance but another game was announced then canceled in 2012 (rip) BUT THEN a new game called Nosgoth came out!(it exists in the same universe as soul reaver) many rumors have been going around recently about a new LOK (legacy of kain) game and i hope they

A. Remaster the games

B. Remaster the older games and realese a new game!

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Persona 5... I cant wait...

*EXTREEEEEMEEEEE HYPERVENTILATING

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 48 months ago
  • 2 points

The old Modern Warfare 2 was so good. Its the only COD game I completely did from beginning to end 100% on the hardest difficulty.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

100% agree MW2 was awesome!

When I was really young I used to play on ijji (however its spelt) played Soldier Front and GunZ they were so much fun, going a few years before that I was playing Endless Online and Conquer Online. I had my level 130 reborn archer/Trojan

Loved those days.

• 47 months ago
  • 2 points

I actually lost interest in MW2. I just couldn't get into it; weapon progression felt wrong, some of the perks/attachments just seemed daft (Akimbo? Really?).

I still say that Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare holds the crown for best Call of Duty game to date. I miss that game in it's prime.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

I wish they would have the remastered version as a standalone product. That's the only reason I would buy infinity, not for the space warfare stuff, just remastered MW4, nothing could recreate how eerie it felt when the chopper crashed after the nuke went off

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube