add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Screw Issues with NZXT Phantom 410.

kazini
  • 51 months ago

So first off the mounting hardware that they give you really isn't the best imo, I tried mounting a second fan to the front and couldn't seem to get the supplied screws to catch and thread at all (I got one to work the rest just spin literally spent half an hour trying to get one fan in -_-)

Second, the screws for the motherboard standoffs weren't catching, I got 3-4 of them to work so the motherboard is in there securely and not going anywhere, but I'd feel a lot better if all of them would screw in properly and not act like they were stripped and just keep spinning.

Any tips on this? I had never really encountered any of these issues in the past.

Comments

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Make sure you are using the correct screws. The manual should tell you. That is all I think of.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

pretty sure I was, I know I was using the right fan screws because they only give you 4 of them and I actually took one out of the fan that was there to compare and now can't get it back in -_-

And I tried the screws that they gave me for the mobo as well as my old mobo screws from my previous case to no avail.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Makes no sense if you took out a screw that was in, and you couldnt get it back in.... Maybe make sure everything is lining up, and maybe use more force.

And compare the threads of the screws. There is course, and there is fine.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah i actually pushed hard enough with the fan screws at one point that the frame where the screw was supposed to thread bent inwards so idk what else to do, my wife even tried fiddling with it to no avail. :-/

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

idk what to say then. Maybe return the case...

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

well i did in fact find out that the motherboard screws for these stand offs are just ever so slightly thicker than my old ones and found the appropriate screws among the hardware, however i will just keep the front fans zip tied for now as those screws are just a pain to thread. it's not that there's anything wrong because i got one of them to thread, it's just a very poor design as far as how "coarse" the threads on the fan mounting screws are for the front of the case.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

YOu are using HDD screws on the motherboard. the tiny thread screws are for HDDs and stuff like that. The motherboard screws have coarser threads.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

I actually even tried with my motherboard screws out of my old case and those do the same thing it seems even though im pretty sure they should be the same size. I didn't see a bage with any other screws that looked like they were the right size either but i'll double check later.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

found a bag i had overlooked thanks!

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

No problem

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

the fan mount screws are seriously garbage though, however that's the only complaint I have about this case so I guess I can live with that.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube