add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Motherboard water cooling Question.

kazini
  • 51 months ago

So I'm Building an enthusiast 2011-3 rig atm. Planning on doing water cooling, my question is ek has a mosfet block for my mobo, but they don't have a mosfet 2 block for the southbridge portion of the motherboard cooling. don't I need one of those if I take off the passive cooler? I haven't been able to find a compatible one elsewhere either.

Edit, on the motherboard im planning to use it looks like the southbridge cooler and the mosfet cooler are actually separate from each other so could I leave the passive cooler on then?

Comments

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, the full block would cover a majority of it, but the south bridge heat sink will remain the stock.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah I know the full blocks cover the south bridge, but the one I was originally looking at just covered the mosfets near the cpu so I would've had to have left the south bridge cooler stock. im probably just not gonna do motherboard water cooling :-/

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

It isn't really worth it I have to say.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah, just really wanted to do a haswell-e enthusiast build with liquid cooling at some point but most of the x99 boards I like don't have many options for blocks and such.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 51 months ago
  • 1 point

i was looking at the top tier ones, mostly the asus ones, but i like the metal brackets on the Msi Godlike board i was looking at, but i couldnt find a good mono block or whole board block with the mosfet cooler.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh shoot, Thanks!

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Drools

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube