add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Hyper 212 EVO Vs. CryoRig H7 Which is better for me and in general?

kazini
  • 54 months ago

So I have a gaming/streaming pc that is extremely bottlenecked by the cpu to begin with, I got most of the parts used and they're great but I have a stock cooler on my cpu (Gross I know) the previous owner never oc'ed it or anything but i'm looking for cooler temps and possibly overclocking it down the road. Which of these two Highly recommended cooler would be best for both lowering my outrageous cpu temps and for possibly a little overclocking as well.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i7-2600K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor Purchased For $80.00
Motherboard ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard Purchased For $80.00
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory Purchased For $80.00
Storage Corsair Force LS 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive Purchased For $48.98
Storage Seagate 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive Purchased For $66.97
Video Card MSI Radeon R9 380 4GB Video Card Purchased For $199.99
Case Cooler Master Storm Scout ATX Mid Tower Case Purchased For $30.00
Power Supply Corsair RM 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply Purchased For $109.99
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Full - USB (32/64-bit) Purchased For $189.99
Wireless Network Adapter Asus PCE-N15 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter Purchased For $30.00
Keyboard AZIO MGK1-K Wired Gaming Keyboard Purchased For $84.98
Other Blue Yeti Blackout Microphone $108.88
Other Logitech C920 Webcam $68.93
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1178.71
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-01 15:06 EST-0500

Here's my current pc, And Yes I know I need a new case as well any input on the Noctis 450 would be welcome as well.

Comments

• 54 months ago
  • 2 points

H7 all the way, better cooling and it is smaller.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, is there anything I should be worried about spacewise with the h7? like bumping ram or anything?

• 54 months ago
  • 2 points

My Evo 212 doesn't block any RAM modules, and since the H7 is smaller, I'd say there won't be any issues.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright thanks, was curious because I was going to go with a noctua nh-d14 or d15 if I had a few more bucks and I know those are pretty big and have certain ram that they will interfere with as well as some mobos or video cards

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

If you are worried about them fitting, just remove the heatsinks.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

depends yet again. noctua is no fool in the cooler game. the D14/D15 clear any ram around 40mm tall, like g.skill ripjaws. you can also move the fans up.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

The H7 is actually offset from the cpu mount - so it is as they say 'compatible with all memory'. It will not be a problem with memory interference

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

this is the main advantage the H7 has over the 212 EVO. it was made to have easy ram clearance. coolers like the 212 EVO and Pure Rock will cover half or the whole first ram slot. with most ram kits it's a non issue, but the H7 has no potential issues with ram.

• 54 months ago
  • 2 points

the H7 is better for every build and in general, unless you want a build using parts that say coolermaster on them, then the H7 wouldn't do. the 212 EVO has far better availability than the H7, you can always find mountains of it at any number of stores.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

H7 is better, as @GentlemanShark stated it offers better cooling. Also in my opinion looks better

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

These ******* computer noobs with no knowledge are all wrong the hyper 212 is the best air cooler ever made and bitchslaps the h7.

Everyby with tech knowledge who is credible will say the h7 is cheap Chinese junk.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

H7's are better in every way except price. If you ever have to ask, the H7 is the better choice. You won't find them in a store so you'd have to have it shipped online.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Don't have any stores that sell pc parts near me anyway lol. except best buy and their selection sucks their prices are outrageous

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

No buying online and having parts shipped from somewhere?

• 54 months ago
  • 3 points

I meant i HAVE to buy online and have them shipped

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

i usually use newegg and amazon and also ncix, and tiger direct on occasion

• 54 months ago
  • 0 points

Cryorig H7, I have both (sold the 212 EVO)

For $5 more, you get: ~10% higher OC Way nicer About same size Good color scheme Higher quality overall Dat name

[NOTE: This is off a 4790K and a Z97 PC Mate]

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube