add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Acer G257HU smidpx 60Hz 25.0" OR Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0"

Kumiko

43 months ago

I really want 1440p, so my main concern is: Is it a good 1440p monitor? I ask because it has such a low price compared to what others I've seen. I'm willing to spend a maximum of $300 for a monitor, so any suggestions for better ones are welcomed. I understand IPS gives brighter, more vivid colors and the 60Hz refresh rate doesn't bother me at all. It's fine and I can OC to 85 hopefully.

Comments

• 43 months ago
  • 2 points

If you can afford the Asus its definitely the superior monitor. That's not to say the Acer is bad. Its actually a pretty solid monitor especially for the price. I own the Acer, and its a great budget 1440p monitor. The stand is a little cheap and wobbly and isn't very adjustable that's pretty much my only complaint. I have it on a solid wood desk so the stand being wobbly doesn't matter to me.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Then I'll likely go with the 1440p~ 1080p is fine, but I think 1440p has a bit more detail and I really want that. Can you suggest a better 1440p monitor? It'd be nice to know of some even if I can't afford them for a while. Thanks for commenting :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube