add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Looking for opinions on the pc i built my Fiancee for Gaming/Streaming

kazini
  • 55 months ago

Hey Got some used parts off of an acquaintance fairly cheap (Case, Mobo, Cpu, Ram, WiFi Card) and made a build for gaming/streaming for my fiancée. Just want some opinions and maybe even some Advice on where to go next with it and what upgrades would be worthwhile. I Plan on upgrading to a whole new socket when I have the money to do so, and ill move this into a pc for someone else as a backup since theirs is old and on its way out.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i7-2600K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor Purchased For $80.00
Motherboard ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard Purchased For $80.00
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory Purchased For $80.00
Storage Corsair Force LS 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive Purchased For $48.98
Storage Seagate 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive Purchased For $66.97
Video Card MSI Radeon R9 380 4GB Video Card Purchased For $199.99
Case Cooler Master Storm Scout ATX Mid Tower Case Purchased For $30.00
Power Supply Corsair RM 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply Purchased For $109.99
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Full - USB (32/64-bit) Purchased For $189.99
Wireless Network Adapter Asus PCE-N15 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter Purchased For $30.00
Keyboard AZIO MGK1-K Wired Gaming Keyboard Purchased For $84.98
Other Blue Yeti Blackout Microphone $108.88
Other Logitech C920 Webcam $68.93
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1178.71
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-15 12:33 EST-0500

Like I said just looking for some opinions and maybe reccomendations, I plan on upgrading the case, then cpu cooler, then after that probably moving to a newer cpu/mobo. Only went sandy cuz I got the parts on the cheap. I'm Going to upgrade to the nzxt Noctis 450 case for her (with engraving and a custom paintjob) and I'm probably going to upgrade to lga 1151 or 2011-3 still debating on which. oh also will probably replace her psu when I have more money with a higher rated one (EVGA SuperNova P Series 850W.)

Comments

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Honestly i wouldn't replace the PSU. There are betters but its not bad. Considering you already have it. This build has 32 gigs of ram which is a lot. I would just buy the case, a Z97 motherboard, a cryorig H7 and (i5-4690k or i7-4790k)depending on what this build is for.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

well I Actually got the case, mobo, cpu, wifi card, and ram for $300 which I didn't think was too bad. I Plan on moving this Psu into another Pc that is in need of one plus the only reason I didn't get the one I wanted was because this one was on sale.

I Planned on going with the kraken x61 once I upgraded her case, Any thoughts on that?

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

I Planned on going with the kraken x61

excellent choice!!!

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

My friend has one and he plans on moving to an ekwb Predator 360, said he'd sell me his on the cheap.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

i guess you are very lucky getting great parts at cheap prices! :)

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

I Have a base Charisma score of like 37, also a lot of friends lol

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube