add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need Opinions or Recommendations on a Build for streaming/gaming

kazini
  • 54 months ago

I'm Building a build for gaming and streaming for my fiancée , have a part list set up and am just wondering if anybody could make any improvements or has any recommendations.

Cpu- Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor

Cooler- Corsair H110i GTX 104.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Mobo- MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

Memory- Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (x2) Was given 2 sticks of this for free brand new.

Storage- Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive - Western Digital Green 4TB 3.5" 5900RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card- PowerColor Radeon R9 390X 8GB DEVIL Video Card

Case- NZXT Noctis 450 ATX Mid Tower Case

Psu - EVGA SuperNOVA P2 850W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Wi-Fi Adapter- Asus PCE-AC56 802.11a/b/g/n/ac PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter

Capture Card- Elgato HD60 Pro

Comments

• 54 months ago
  • 2 points

I'd go 980 over 390x.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

I would switch it to equivalent Skylake parts, can't see a reason to stick with Haswell.

Not totally sold on the 390X, It doesn't seem like it's worth the extra over a 390 or the saving over a GTX 980.

Not a big fan of that cooler, The nxtx kracken or coolermaster neptom seem to be favoured a lot more over the corsair. I actually like the raijintek triton.

Good build in general though.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, I have a friend who recommended the nzxt kraken.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Also, I chose the 390x because it performed extremely well on a bunch of benchmarks I had seen and my other choice was a 980ti hybrid which is a good couple of hundred bucks more.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

The previous thoughts stand though. Those benchmarks will almost certain show the 390 not far behind and the GTX 980 ahead. Is it just that they are water cooled that makes them appealing?

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

in most cases the liquid cooled 390x was actually slightly ahead of the 980 I think due to the fact that powercolor's variant comes with a factory oc since it is liquid cooled.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

also here's a link showing the stock 390 ahead of the 980 not including the stock oc on powercolor's variant. http://www.futuremark.com/hardware/gpu

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube