add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 57 months ago
  • 3 points

Videocardbenchmark strongly favors Nvidia cards, it has the GTX 780 ahead of the R9 290 which out performs it in most things and it has the Fury X below the GTX 780 which it murders it, they put the R9 290 and the R9 390 together when they are different cards, and according to Jay2cents the 390 overclocks better than any R9 290/290X he had, I already know how they compare in games,I'm not worried about heat, I'm going to have plenty of airflow nor power usage because I plan on buying a 1050 watt psu and I won't really ever do over 2 way XF/SLI and I won't be paying for power.

With the cpu the i5 4690K is just a place holder because AMD Zen, unless they push back the date and Skylake will be out by the time I buy a cpu and how Zen performs is up in the air. I know how good the i5 4690K is, I recommend it all the time.

[comment deleted]
  • 57 months ago
  • 2 points

The are based on the same card but don't have the same performance.

The benchmarks aren't even close to in game benchmarks. It says a R9 295X2 is weaker than a GTX 780 when in reality it murders in, its not even close to being accurate, if you want something that is accurate I would suggest looking at in game benchmarks or userbenchmark, which is usually right when compare to in game benchmarks but not always.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1036?vs=1187

[comment deleted]
  • 57 months ago
  • 1 point

You are comparing a mobile gpu to a desktop gpu...and it still would murder it at 1080P.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube