add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Ohhhhhhhh. You'll be fine then. There are 5 headers on this mobo. CHA_Fan 2 at the bottom, CHA_Fan 1 in the center, CHA_Fan 3 in the top right, and CPU_1, CPU_OPT at the top right.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

cool :3

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Another question... Will that same cooler work for a gen 2 threadripper? I cannot find info that tells me what kind of performance it would bring to a gen 2 threadripper.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

It should be similar. I had my 2950X in there for a bit.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

thats what I was aiming for. the Noctua Website said that the 2950x was the only one that had any spare room for overclocking (was not planning to, wanted to see how well the cooler handed temperature wise).

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah, well the 2950X will get a bit hotter under load since it is capable of boosting to 4.3 on a core or two, but I wouldn't say it gets unreasonable.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

As dumb as this sounds... is it a good Idea to get the 1900X just to save money then upgrade later?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube