add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for pointing this out! I figured you were simply pointing me in the right direction so I went and searched out all the similar options available as well. There seems to be quite a few options in regards to PCIe 4X and NVMe compatibility, both very affordable $10-$20 range and some higher priced ones going for $60. I wasn't able to find compatibility specifics on most of them like you were, so I ended up taking a risk and pulling the trigger on a $16 Chinese one with a heatsink that was the most discrete I could find. I'll run some CrystalDiskmark tests on it when I get it in 4 weeks (haha) and post some results, if it even boots. Thanks usscac40!

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Good Deal. Hope it works out for you.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Update on my M.2 PCIe 4x adapter. I picked up this one:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAGYY8GG0780

The thing works flawlessly. Thanks again for your suggestion. I was able to move the M.2 out of the vertical mount, and now its hidden in a PCIe slot beneath my graphics card. The heat sink, in addition to its new location, keeps the drive on idle at a consistent 20 degrees Celsius. For comparison, every other drive in my bay sits at around 32C. Both read and write speeds are running at max speeds for the drive as well. For $16 it was exactly what I needed. Of course the only downside is that it takes up a PCIe slot. But right now that's not an issue. Perhaps down the road I will have to find a new solution.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

That's great to hear. Glad I could help.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube