add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 15 months ago
  • 2 points

Yup, thats the same kit :). Only thing you need to do is selecting the XMP profile in the bios to let it run at 3000Mhz.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Hey man, I finished my build but I'm not getting a signal to my monitor. Any thoughts?

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm gonna try to reset the CMOS by disconnecting the battery, that's the thing glued to the back of the audio header right?

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Which videocard are you using? Make sure your monitor is plugged into your videocard and not your motherboard.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah the monitor is plugged into my GPU, a Gigabyte mITX 1060 6GB. I took it out of the computer I'm using now, so I know it works. I might take it out of my new PC and put it back into the old one just to check though.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

The GPU def works. I'm gonna take it all apart tonight and try to boot with just the essentials and see what's up

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

got build working! changed RAM speed in bios no problem. isntalling windows now. :)

(had to replace mobo)

• 14 months ago
  • 2 points

Sorry for not replying earlier. What happend with the motherboard? Did you changed it for the same one? Was it DOA?

Good to hear that you're installing Windows right now.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, the original motherboard was DOA but luckily Micro Center was honoring returns until mid-January for purchases around Christmas (I bought it on Dec 24th). So I drove down to the location in Tustin and traded it out for their last one in stock.

I came home and put it all together, and reapplied a new coat of thermal paste after removing the previously dried up coat. When I put it all together it wouldn't even turn on. I stripped it down again, did much less paste this time around and spread it evenly around the CPU. Instead of booting from the case I did just the essentials on some cardboard and it worked! I put it back in the case and everything was well.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube