add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

About the music/audio feature in CAM, there is a significant delay so its disappointing. Hope they fix it soon.

1. I only use the Windows Display settings to adjust. You can drag and drop the monitors to rearrange the order. On mine, I simply use the default with display 2 (LCD) on the right but set to portrait flipped. The max resolution is only 1366x768 for the LCD. I did not use Eyefinity because I can't use split screen option when I drag the windows to the edge of the screen. Currently, the LCD is mounted temporarily using the little wires that ties the cords. I just don't want to bore extra holes in the case for now.

2. I forgot to mention that I bought some PWM splitters. I connected the 3 front fans together to the chassis fan 1 header. Then I set the chassis fan 1 to performance mode in the bios. I did the same for the top 3 fans but connected to chassis fan 2 header and set to silent mode in bios.

Hope this helps.

• 28 months ago
  • 2 points

That stinks about the CAM audio having a delay. I wonder if its because the Hue+ is USB based. I've seen some videos of AuraSync where the 5050 RGB connectors go straight into the motherboard and the audio effect seems to have no delay. Was hoping to do a mix of NZXT and Aurasync rgb.

When you mention chasiss fan 1 header you mean the motherboard correct?

I was so crazy about the RGB connections I completely overlooked actual PWM fan control, so I forgot to order those PWM splitters or a hub. However, I'm not positive but I think I may have lucked out with the motherboard I went with. It seems to have ~6 PWM connectors, plus an actual on-board PWM splitter hub card with an additional 3 connectors. I've also read you can use the water pump header as an overpowered fan header.

Thanks as usual for the replies. I will definitely be posting my own information and photos on pcpartpicker as you have. :)

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, chassis fan 1,2 headers are on the motherboard and these are PWMs. Good to know that your mobo have 6 PWMs. Your x62 have 2 PWM connectors so you only need to worry about the remaining 7 fans to connect to 5 headers. Yes, you can use the pump headers and if your mobo have the 3-way splitter, you’re all good. No need for an extra splitter.

• 28 months ago
  • 2 points

Also I just saw this thread and it had me kind of worried. Did you run any problems installing the different fans on the kraken? Which screws do you remember using? Last thing I want is to puncture something with a screw and leak water everywhere. :O

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

I haven’t had any issues with the x52. I simply used the long screws and the washers that came with the x52, not the ones from the Aer fans.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube