• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Comments (Continued)

Eclypticon 2 points 22 days ago

1st pick: If I needed a wifi card and overclocking was my top priority, I'd take the Asrock. The sound card on that board is probably a better one than the MSI if that matters. 2nd Pick would be the Asus. 3rd GIGABYTE 4th MSI.

The main issue at the moment is that each of the companies are addressing bugs (an early adoption tax if you will) at different rates with MSI being one of the quickest. After everyone has fixed the bugs, Asrock and Asus will likely be above all the rest.

dirtcollins 1 point 22 days ago

Yeah I agree with what you say.

I meant the Gigabyte ga-ax370-gaming k7. (this bored currently has the best reviews)

At first I was thinking the ASrock bored. but then I heard about lots of people like this Gigabyte bored. and all the big time tech guys are using the $250 Asus Hero 6 bored.

I hate it that there is so many confusions.

i spent 8 hours today looking at ram and motherboards. and talked with MSI, Gigabyte, G.Skill, New Egg and got no where.

Eclypticon 1 point 22 days ago

The K7 is a capable board. I'd say it would be ideal for any of the XFR CPUs. Why? The XFR CPUs are better binned and don't require all the voltage that the other Ryzen CPUs will need for over clocking. So, it should get you the clock speeds you need without needing extra power phases that are on the other boards. An added bonus is that Gigabyte has some good fan software that you can set predefined fan curves to deal with the 20 degree offset on those CPUs that will undoubtedly trigger the fans when overclocking.

Regarding the reviews, If you are reading consumer reviews, don't take much from them. It is hard to get reliable information because early adopters are the most likely people to complain about things they don't understand. This will make many good boards look worse than they actually are. Every single board on the market right now has issues that will be fixed and over time consumers will say very different things about them. Professional reviews are where you will get informative information though.

RAM is a difficult thing for the partners. I think they are all waiting on AMD to give them some updates. Things were rushed this launch. Samsung B-die 3200 Mhz is what you need to get, especially, working with 4k. You may or may not immediately get to 3200 Mhz, but you will eventually and more likely so with B-die.

So the Gigabyte K7 bored wont be good for Overclocking the Ryzen? Is that what you are saying?

What Motherboard wold you buy currently for a Ryzen 7 build?

Eclypticon 1 point 21 days ago

I would buy the Asrock because I plan on upgrading to second generation Ryzen as soon as it comes out. But if I was you and I was planing on keeping the 1700 X, for more than a few years, then I would probably get the Gigabyte because you will not need all the extra power phases and there is plenty of information floating around to make your experience smooth.

What I was saying is that the Gigabyte is perfect for overclocking the X CPUs. I would get a different board if I had say a 1700 though. Some people may disagree with me, but I would expect slight differences in performance.

dirtcollins 1 point 21 days ago

Why is the ASRock better for second generation Ryzen 7?

And why is Gigabyte better for this current Ryzen 7 generation?

do you have skype or discord or google hangout?

Memory Help needed: (please see Newegg Compare Product Link below)

What is the difference between these 3 memories. Ignore that the Flare X is 8GB dimms. They all have the save frequency and Voltage and Timing. The differences I can see are the TridentZ is using the Intel Z170 Platform Chipset and the G.Skill is using the ADM X370 / B350 Chipset. and the Ripjaws V isn’t doesn’t have a Chipset listed.

I am trying to figure out what to buy.

I am also trying to figure out what Ryzen Motherboard will be able to form just as well with 4 dimms of memory as it does with 2 dimms.

Newegg Compare Products Link:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare.aspx?CompareItemList=-1%7C20-232-230%5E20-232-230%2C20-232-379%5E20-232-379%2C20-232-530%5E20-232-530

Eclypticon 1 point 21 days ago

I believe they are designed for different chipsets and are geared at higher overclocking on those chipsets to line up with specific specs. They all appear to be B-Die. You should get the Flare X.

I want 32gigs of ram. Not 16. So flare X sucks. Lol

For heavy multitasking 16 isn't enough.